Armor Techs has been in business for over 15 years, and each year we come across some of the same hurdles when communicating with our current and potential clients. In order to facilitate this, and to hopefully remove a lot of the confusion when it comes to the services we provide, how they work for you, and how our processes work overall, we’ve decided to put together a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions.
These questions and answers should give you a general guideline to how our process and services work—please feel free to get in contact with us and we’ll be sure to get you the information you need to clear up your questions or concerns.
1) What do you guys (Armor Techs) do?
- Here at Armor Techs, we do a little bit of everything. We are a full-service IT repair shop—from computers to cell phones to game consoles and more, just about anything that turns on, has a motherboard in it, or requires power is something that we will take a crack at repairing. If we can’t repair it in-house, we have the resources to get that device repaired for you as well. We have many partners that we work with to accomplish the task in an efficient and quality-controlled way, ensuring that your devices are in tip-top condition when you walk out the door.
We also perform managed services. Does your business need an IT staff? We’ll be there for you to optimize your machines and make sure your network is working at top speeds. Do you need a new network installed? We do that too—our skilled technicians pride themselves in efficient and proper installation tactics, and will clean up after themselves—so you won’t even be able to tell they were there. We refer to this as our “On-Site” services, and we do just about anything IT related here as well.
Armor Techs is also a fully-featured Internet Marketing company. From graphic design to application development, we do it all. Do you need new brochures for your business or brand? We have a graphic design team on staff that can make print work to capture your vision and portray your brand in the best way possible. How about a new website, or Search Engine Optimization (SEO) work to increase your ranking on Google? We have a development team that can capture your vision and put it on the web, and improve your Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) to ensure that your internet marketing is a sales-funnel that drives business to you.
2) How does what you do benefit me?
- This is a relatively broad question, but we’ll do our best to break it down for you. The full-service IT repair shop is relatively straightforward—we make sure that your devices have the best lifespan and quality of life possible for you, so you don’t need to purchase brand new devices every time something goes wrong.
As for the internet marketing side of Armor Techs—we are your outsourced marketing team. You spend your time running a business, managing employees, doing payroll, making sure your jobs are done, etc. Marketing a business is a full-time job in-and-of itself, one which you shouldn’t have to spend your time on. This is where we come in—with our trained and highly-experienced team we supplement and build your marketing to a point where it works well for your business, with most of our clients boasting a 300% ROI.
Whether it’s print marketing, marketing through a website, or social media marketing, our team has the experience and know-how to get your brand in front of the right audience, with the information they need to ensure that your brand is the choice, rather than just a choice.
3) Why don’t I just do my marketing myself?
- This is a question we end up getting a lot—especially when we start talking price tags. You could very well do your marketing yourself: there are a ton of resources online and offline to help you start and continue to grow it. The fact of the matter is that you shouldn’t spend your time marketing when you have a business to run. Like we mentioned in #2 above—you’re managing employees, payroll, doing project management, and overall running a business.
“But guys, I already have a marketing person on staff!” you might be thinking to yourself, which is great. Having marketing staff in-house with the ability to work closely to exactly what your business does is great—but marketing is often a job for a team. A quick marketing breakdown might look like this:
- Facebook: 1-2 posts a day, engagement with potential clients, responding to messages (2-3 hours)
- Twitter: 2-4 posts a day, engagement with followers, responding to messages, curating content (2-3 hours)
- Instagram: 1-2 posts a day of high quality, proprietary and well-edited images, with hashtag research for maximum reach, engagement, and managing advertisements (3-4 hours)
- PPC Campaigns: Research on search terms and keywords that work for the business or brand, updating bids regularly (1-5 hours spread out).
- Website Maintenance: Updating page content, bolstering dynamic and qualified content (1-2 hours)
- Writing a Blog: Research, writing, revising, and creating the HTML to put in on my website, as well as sharing it on social media (1-3 hours).
And the list could go on and on. Seeing a quick breakdown, the average day for a marketing team can be anywhere from 5 to 20 hours worth of work, and could very well cause the “burnout” sensation if an individual is doing it by themselves and trying to get it done correctly and promptly. This, again, is where Armor Techs comes in. As an outsourced internet marketing company, we supplement and expand your marketing staff without the need for new workspace, new equipment, etc. We work alongside your current marketing to improve and make it work for your business the best it can within your budget. We’ve tried it all over the 15 years we’ve been in business, and have some of the best industry know-how to make sure that your time and money aren’t wasted on common mistakes, too!
4) How can social media and SEO help my business?
- It’s 2018, and we’re deep in the digital age of marketing. Long gone are the times of only print and word-of-mouth marketing, and just about everyone has a web presence. Between Social Media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO), you should also have an online presence. Having social media accounts that are active and engaging, you allow your followers (read: potential and current clients) to reach out and engage with you on a platform they’re most comfortable with. It also helps to funnel those people to your website, and inevitably your contact information.
Coupling this with SEO, your website is now marketing itself from within search engines. If your SEO is good and relevant, you will show up for your service- or product-set in search results, providing increased web traffic, which converts to sales and repeat customers.
Basically, social media and SEO create and optimize your web presence, allowing your internet marketing to produce leads, customers, and increased sales.
5) How much does it (your services) cost?
- When talking about our IT repair shop, this question is easy to answer, but might not have the answer you are looking for. Generally speaking our hourly rate for repairs is $70/hour. Aside from this, the best answer we can give you for what a repair costs is to bring it into the shop for a quote. Unfortunately, without properly diagnosing the problem, our technicians cannot give you a succinct answer on what the repair costs, so the best bet is to bring it in for a quote.
As for our on-site managed services, the answer is much the same. Our hourly rate for this starts at $120/hour, but can decrease based on the number of hours required for the job. Otherwise, without knowing exactly what you need, including hardware, performance, and functionality, the best answer is to schedule a meeting for our technicians to come into your business and quote you on the work.
The answer to this question, from the internet marketing side of things, is one that isn’t answered with a number but rather with two other questions. The first is, “How much money do you want to make?” The second is, “How do you want to reach your target audience?” At Armor, we generally get a 300% ROI on your marketing investment. This means that for every dollar ($1) you put in, you should expect to get around three dollars ($3) in business. With this model in mind, you need to think of it in relation to your business.
If you are in the service industry, and change on average $600 from start to finish for a service, around a $200 investment will produce an additional job monthly. Keeping this ratio in mind is our best advice in answering “How much does it cost?” The next question, referring to your target audience, can also influence how much “it costs”. If you’re looking to capture a wide audience, say on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, the initial investment will be slightly higher, as the profiles need to be set up correctly with your branding in mind, and then posts, engagement, and responding to messages and comments needs to be taken into account.
For the best answer to this question, you will definitely want to come in and sit down with our marketing team to flesh out the details. Our recommendation is that you set aside 30-60 minutes for this meeting, and come with details about your current marketing in mind.
6) How do I track ROI on your marketing work?
- Depending on your investment into your marketing, the ROI could be visualized as easy as seeing the additional work that your business is receiving, the additional products you’re selling, and the increased site traffic.
Now, for all other cases, this can be harder to track. We have a suite of tools available to us to show the improvement in traffic and conversions, however, that will make viewing and understanding this information easy.
First, each of the social media networks has built-in tools to track engagement, clicks, views, and link-follows. With these tools in mind, you will easily be able to track the growth of your social media presence at every step of the way.
Using Google and Bing Webmaster tools, you can track many of the same metrics about your SEO, from organic traffic, to which keywords are being searched to find your business, and even how well your content marketing (page content, blogs, etc.) is working in relation to your SEO.
When it comes down to the “reporting period,” we’ve got you covered. The metrics are right there for you to look at, analyze, and decide on what changes/additions to be made. If you have questions about any of it, our experienced staff is sure to be able to give you supplemental information to ensure you understand just how your marketing is working for you, and how it affects your ROI.
7) How do I know you will be able to get this done?
- Do you want the short answer? Well, you don’t know if we’ll get it done…
Now, for the real answer. After being in business for 15+ years, working for more than 300 clients regularly, and continually evolving our process and strategies to best fit the market, you can be sure that we’ll get the work done for you correctly and in a timely fashion.
When someone calls your business looking to have a service performed, or to purchase a product, they trust you to provide it, because they’ve determined that you are the authority or the best choice in your industry. That’s the same approach we take—you came to us to complete a job or provide a service because we’ve shown you that we’re the authority. Between our extensive list of clients, and the fact that we’re still here through everything after 15 years, you can be assured that we’ll get the job done right!
As you can see, here at Armor Techs we do… just about everything I.T. We hope that this list will give you a little bit of insight into exactly what it is that we do, and how it will benefit you. As mentioned before, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information.