Help Desk and Device Technician
We are looking for people to work in the DeKalb area for Help Desk and Device Technicians, including greeting customers, performing technical assistance over phone or email, repairing devices ranging from cell phones, computers, and game consoles. Candidates should have at least a high school diploma or the equivalence, and strong critical thinking skills. No experience is required, but applicants with relevant experience may be favored. This is a full-time position.
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
We are looking for a competent Help Desk Technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field is helpful
All positions at ARMOR require a valid driver’s license and some physical activity. You must be able to lift 50 lb and be capable of standing or climbing up to 70% of the time. All members of the ARMOR team may be required to interact with and troubleshoot hardware, and as such this position will require reasonable levels of taste, smell, close vision, and hearing in order to better identify potential issues within devices.
This position may require interaction with sensitive client data, and does include a general NDA, NC, and Intellectual Property Rights to protect our clients as well as Intellectual Property protections.